We're working to raise funds for around-the-clock access with 24-Hour Book Pickup Lockers
The Library Foundation is currently raising funds for a set of 24-Hour Book Pickup Lockers to be installed outside the library. These lockers would allow patrons to pick up materials at the library after-hours. Similar to an Amazon locker, the secure unit would include a screen that allows for self-service, a return bin, and 32 lockers. In addition to 24/7 access, the Library Book Pick Up Lockers would allow greater privacy for patrons picking up materials on sensitive topics.
We are hoping to raise $72,000 for the project by next spring for the lockers to be installed in the fall of 2024. Can you help us reach our goal? Click the button to make a secure, online donation.
Other Ways to Give
The most popular and easiest way to make a gift to the Stow-Munroe Falls Library Foundation is by credit card or check. To make a one-time gift online, go to the Library Foundation's secure donation portal. Checks should be made payable to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation and mailed to:
- Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
- ATTN: Library Foundation
- 3512 Darrow Rd.
- Stow, Ohio 44224
Cash donations may be claimed as charitable deductions on income tax returns.
A recurring monthly gift of $10, $25, $50, or beyond will make a significant impact. You can set up a monthly gift on the Library Foundation's secure donation portal.
Employer Gift Matching
Double your impact with matching gifts. Many employers will match charitable contributions made by employees or retired workers. Ask your employer if they offer a matching gift program.
A planned gift is any deferred gift intended to benefit the future of the Stow-Munroe Falls Library Foundation. Create your own legacy of giving by including the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library in your will, trust, or general estate plans. Please seek the help of your financial advisor if you are considering a planned gift. You can make a planned gift in several ways:
- Bequests - The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation may be named as a beneficiary in a will or trust. Bequests may take the form of cash, securities, real estate, or other assets.
- Insurance - The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation may be named a beneficiary or owner of life insurance policies as a current or deferred gift.
- Securities - Charitable gifts of stocks, bonds, shares in mutual funds and other investment securities may be made to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation.
- Retirement Assets - There can be significant tax advantages to donating retirement assets to charity as part of an estate plan. Charitable donations of retirement assets can minimize the amount of income taxes imposed on both your individual heirs and your estate.
For more information about making a gift to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation, please contact Foundation President Emily Troyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Malthaner at (330) 688-3295 ext. 110
We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, and your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. Thank you for your consideration!
About the Library Foundation
The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation was incorporated in 1994 as a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. The Foundation’s mission is to provide funds for significant projects that enhance the mission of the library and to build an endowment that will carry on the legacy of the library.
Your support helps pay for significant projects that fall outside the Library’s operating budget, providing enhancements for Stow and Munroe Falls citizens without using tax money.
Library Foundation Accomplishments
- Colorful, modular tables and chairs for the Children's Department
- Illuminated exterior signs on the north and east sides of the library
- Custom display unit in the lobby
- "Connect Zone" table in the front of the library
- LED signs, materials, and shelving for the Tween Spot at Spike's Place
- Mural in stairway to the Children's Floor
- Anti-Microbial flooring in the Children's Story Time room
- New Outreach Vehicle (in conjunction with the library)
- Half of the funding needed for the Children's and Teen events monitors
- Endowment with Akron Community Foundation
- Installed an electronic message board, in partnership with the Friends of the Library
- Acquired piano with funds from the Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation
- Created a multimedia conference room
- Acquired 10 Apple iPads, in partnership with the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
Library Foundation Board and Members
- Emily Troyer, President
- Marty Ropog, Vice President
- Shelley Plas, Treasurer
- Missy Littell, Secretary
- Lori Bodnar
- Gale Koritansky
- Carrie Leising
- Tristan Morgan
- Carla Wyckoff
Seeking Passionate New Members
We have one of the best libraries in the state, and the Library Foundation has been key in improving our facility. The stairway mural going up the stairs to the Children's Department, conference room furniture, outdoor signage, book display furniture, and event monitors are all projects the Foundation funded. We are a 15 member group with a passion for the library, and we meet for one hour once a month. Interested? We'd love to meet you. Email a letter of inquiry and your resume to Emily Troyer, president of the Library Foundation: email@example.com.
Or send it by mail to the attention of Emily Troyer:
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation
3512 Darrow Rd.
Stow, OH 44224
Download Library Foundation Publications