Sign Up for a Full-Service Library Card
Sign up for a Full-Service Library Card in person at the front Checkout Desk. If you are over 16, we will need to see a photo ID with proof of your current address. If you’ve just moved to the area, a utility bill in your name, along with a photo ID will do. Patrons under 16 must have the signature of their parent or guardian to obtain a card.
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library is a CLEVNET member library. Your Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library card can be used at other CLEVNET libraries.
A Full-Service Library Card lets you:
- Check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, and other physical items at the library
- Place holds on items in the catalog
- Access public computers at the library
- Access all of the library’s digital services and resources
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library does not charge overdue fines for most items, but please return items by their due date so other people can borrow them. Learn more at www.smfpl.org/finefree.
Some items still have fines:
- Items in the Eclectic Collection, such as hotspots, museum passes, musical instruments, and other items, will incur fines of $5.00/day after their due date.
- Items borrowed from other CLEVNET libraries may incur overdue fines.
- If an item is damaged or overdue by 30 days, the borrower will be charged for the replacement cost of the item.
|Type of material||Loan Period||Max/Card||Renewals||Fine/Day|
|Board Games||2 Weeks||2||None||Fine Free|
|Books, Audiobooks & Magazines||2 Weeks||100||5||Fine Free|
|DVDs & Blu-rays (Fiction)||2 Weeks||20||5||Fine Free|
|DVDs (Nonfiction)||2 Weeks||20||5||Fine Free|
|Top Shelf Books||2 Weeks||100||No Renewals||Fine Free|
|Top Shelf DVDs & Blu-rays||2 Weeks||20||No Renewals||Fine Free|
|Eclectic Collection||2 Weeks||2||No Renewals||$5.00|
|Hotspots||4 Weeks||1||No Renewals||$5.00|
|Launchpads||2 Weeks||5||5||Fine Free|
|Museum Passes||1 Week||1||No Renewals||$5.00|
|Music CDs||2 Weeks||100||5||Fine Free|
|Playaways||2 Weeks||100||5||Fine Free|
|Playaway Views||2 Weeks||100||5||Fine Free|
|Puzzles, Flashcards, & Kits||2 Weeks||100||5||Fine Free|
|Videogames||2 Weeks||5||5||Fine Free|
The library offers up to five automatic renewals on physical materials. The system will attempt to automatically renew items one day before they are due. An item will NOT renew if:
- Someone else has placed a hold on the item.
- The item has reached its renewal limit. Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library items will renew a maximum of three times. Renewal limits for other CLEVNET items will vary by library system.
- Your account is blocked due to excess fines or fees.
If an item cannot be renewed, you will receive a courtesy notice (via the preferred contact method specified in your account) the evening before your materials are due.
You can also manually renew borrowed items in person at the Circulation Desk, by phone at (330) 688-3295 ext. 3, in the CLEVNET app, or online. Visit www.smfpl.org, login to “My Account", and select “Renew” next to the desired item. Certain items, including materials that other patrons have reserved, may not be renewed. We cannot renew items if the borrower's library fines exceed $10.00.
The Drive-Up Window is on the west side of the library building (the side farthest from Rt. 91). It offers fast, convenient service. Please remember the following:
- Please have your library card or ID ready
- We cannot collect fines at the window (you will need to come inside to pay a fine)
- No pedestrians allowed in the drive-up lane — we want you to be safe
- The Drive-Up Window closes 15 minutes before the library closes
Please park in the designated spaces just past the Drive-Up Window on the west side of the library building (the side farthest from Rt. 91).
- Call (330) 688-3295 ext. 3 to let staff know you have arrived
- Please stay in your vehicle
- Open your vehicle’s trunk
- Have your library card or photo ID ready
- Staff will check your library card or ID and place your items in your trunk
- All returns must go in the indoor or outdoor book drops – staff cannot accept them at curbside
- Curbside service ends 15 minutes before the library closes