For the latest information regarding international travel, please visit travel.state.gov.
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library – a Passport Application Acceptance Facility
Passport Services (including passport photos) are available by APPOINTMENT ONLY at Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library. Please call (330) 688-3295 ext. 4 to make an appointment. Walk-ins cannot be accepted. Please plan to appear at your appointed time. Applicants who are more than 15 minutes late will be rescheduled.
Routine application processing takes up to 8 to 11 weeks plus mailing time which may vary. Expedited application processing takes 5 to 7 weeks plus mailing time which may vary.
How to Apply for a Passport
Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information and requirements for applying for a passport. You may also call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
A passport book can be used for international air travel. A passport card can be used for land or sea travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel. The adult passport book and card are good for ten years. The minor (under age 16) passport book and card are good for five years.
You must appear in person when applying for a passport. Minors must be accompanied by their parents or guardians.
When applying for a passport book or card, you must provide:
- A completed application (form DS-11) for a passport (available at the library OR at travel.state.gov). If filling out the form online, it must be printed on separate sheets of paper. If filling out the form by hand, the form must be completed in black ink only. Do not sign the application before coming to your appointment. You will sign it in front of the Passport Acceptance Agent. Do not fold the application.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship which may be a previous U.S. passport, certified birth certificate*, or Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization. No photocopies will be accepted. The original document will be submitted with your application and will be returned with your issued passport. If you do not have a certified copy of your birth certificate, see the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov or order a new one through www.vitalchek.com.
Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information on documents for proof of citizenship. Also note that for applicants under 16, the birth certificate must be supplied, even if the applicant has a previous passport.
- Current proof of identity which may be established with a previous U.S. passport or a current valid driver's license, military I.D. card, or State I.D. card. Further proof of identification is required if providing a State I.D. card or out-of-state driver’s license. Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information on poof of identity requirements, including name change requirements.
- A photocopy of the front and back of your photo ID (we can provide this)
- One passport photo**
- Check or money order made out to U.S. Department of State for appropriate application fee***
- Check, cash, or money order for execution fee ($35 per application) and photo fee ($12) made out to Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library.
Birth Certificate Requirements
To be used as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for a passport application, certified copies of birth certificates must include the following information:
- Full name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full names of applicant’s parents
- The date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year of date of birth)
Birth certificates must be issued by the city, county or state (not a hospital).
For births in Ohio, you may obtain a certified birth certificate from any county health department. Locally, the Summit County Health Department, 1867 West Market Street, Akron (330-812-3845) and Kent City Health Department, 414 E. Main Street, Kent (330-678-8109) offer certified birth certificates. Call for hours.
- Size of photo: 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm); Head must be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Recent, taken within the last 6 months to reflect current appearance
- Matte or glossy photo quality paper
- Plain white or off-white background
- Head must face the camera directly with full face in view
- Taken with a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open
- In color
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis
- No glasses (If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application).
- No hats or head coverings (Unless worn daily for religious or medical purposes. Submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering is part of recognized, traditional religious attire that is customarily or required to be worn continuously in public or a signed doctor's statement verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes. Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.)
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily
- No headphones or wireless hands-free devices
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library can provide a passport photo (by appointment only) for $12 Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information on passport photos.
Check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State per application:
- Adult passport book $130
- Minor (under age 16) passport book $100
- Adult passport card $30
- Minor (under age 16) passport card $15
- Expedited service $60
- 1-2 Day Delivery Service (book only) $19.53
Separate Check, money order, or cash made payable to Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library (please note: the library cannot accept out of state checks):
- Execution fee per application $35
- Photo fee $12
Please Note - The Application Fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.
Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information on passport fees.
Requirements for Minors
- Children Under 16
- All applications for children under 16 require both parents’ consent.
- Both parents must appear with the child when applying for a passport.
- Both parents must submit ID.
- Birth certificates must be submitted for all children showing parental relationship (even if the child has had a previous passport).
- If both parents cannot be present, the applying parent must submit Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances, notarized and signed by the non-applying parent, along with a photocopy of the front and back of the non-applying parent’s ID.
- Minors ages 16 and 17
- Applicant must appear in person with at least one parent or guardian. Parent or guardian must provide identification and sign the DS-11 form.
- Applicant must submit copy of certified birth certificate and present identification.
- Applicants ages 16 and 17 apply for an adult passport.
Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information on requirements for minors.
Renewing Your Current Passport
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library does not accept passport renewal applications. You must complete the mail-in renewal process yourself. You may pick up a paper copy of the DS-82 Passport Renewal form at the library or print one from the state department website.
You can renew your passport if these conditions apply to your current U.S. passport:
- It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- It was issued when you were age 16 or older
- It was issued within the last 15 years
- It was issued in your current name (or your legal name change document is mailed in with your application)
You will need a current passport photo to submit with your application. Photos are available at the library for $12 by appointment only.
Please refer to travel.state.gov for full information on Passport Renewal Requirements.