The Play & Learn Place helps children develop the skills they need to become successful readers. Children and their caregivers can play with a rotating set of activities and toys which build language skills such as vocabulary, self-expression, and understanding. These skills help children make sense of printed words and give them the tools they need to become successful readers and lifelong learners. They also help a young child enter kindergarten with a love of books and a readiness to learn.
Guidelines for using the Play & Learn Place
- Families with children ages 5 and under can use the room. An adult caregiver must remain in the room.
- Come in when the door is open.
- The Play & Learn Place is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. (Sorry, we can’t take reservations.)
- For your safety, maximum occupancy is 25 people.
- No food please, but beverages with a lid are allowed.
- Please keep your shoes on and use walking feet.
- No diaper changing, please. Changing tables are available in the restrooms.
- The Play & Learn Place closes one hour before the library and for library programs.
If you have questions about the Play & Learn Place, please contact the Children's Services Department at (330) 688-3295 ext. 5.